1. A ship lands with a carved dragon at the front and men holding up swords, spears and axes. What do they want?
A) To trade
B) To ask for directions
C) To burn your village and steal your valuables
D) To bring you gifts
2. The Vikings scream their war cries. You only have gardening tools. Do you…
A) Try and reason with them
B) Fight them
C) Hide in the church
D) Run to the woods as fast as you can
3. You only have time to take one thing with you. What do you take?
A) Your family
B) Your treasure
C) Your cow
D) Your ale
4. The Vikings celebrate in your ransacked village. Do you…
A) Congratulate them
B) Attach them while they’re all drunk
C) Ask to join them
D) Wait until they’ve gone in the morning
5. Your village has been totally destroyed and you’re afraid. Do you…
A) Rebuild the village
B) Build a ship and take revenge
C) Move to a fortified town inland
D) Plunder a nearby village
Test your Saxon and Viking skills with these challenges!
Discover Anglo-Saxon England
Congratulations on completing the quiz! Now that you’ve found out if you’d survive a Viking raid, download the full issue of our Kids Rule! Guide to Anglo-Saxon England. Discover the secrets of our Saxon sites, and make your own Viking runes!
This is part of the Kids Rule! Magazine series following the history of England, designed to help you discover more about the past, through fun facts, illustrated stories, games, puzzles and competitions.Download your copy