Plan Your Visit
Welcome to Battle Abbey
We have introduced limits on visitor numbers to help keep everyone safe, and you won’t be able to visit without your booking confirmation. If you’re a Member, your ticket will be free, but you still need to book in advance. To book your visit, click here.
Although things might be a little different when you visit, you’ll still be able to enjoy exploring the places where history really happened. And you’ll still be given a warm and safe welcome by our friendly – if socially distant – staff and volunteers.
- Battlefield, Abbey grounds and Abbey ruins - The Abbey grounds, Abbey ruins, battlefield and battlefield trail are all open for you to enjoy.
- Exhibition and Gatehouse – The visitor centre exhibition will remain closed. The Gatehouse and rooftop viewing platform will be open.
- Summer Adventure Quest - This summer, take your family on a free fun adventure quest with a historical twist. Download your trail map here and learn more below.
- Cafe - The cafe will be open for takeaway service and with a new one way system in place. Our café is taking part in the Eat Out to Help Out scheme. Find out more here.
- Shop - The shop is open offering a range of gifts and souvenirs. There will be a one way system in place and we encourage contactless payment. You can also visit our online shop.
- Playground - The play area is now open.
- Toilets – Toilets will be available as usual. Additional hand sanitising stations will be available across the site.
- Audio Guide – You can enjoy an audio-tour at Battle Abbey using your own device. Simply download the Guide ID podcatcher App from either the Google Play Store or App Store. Once downloaded search for Battle Abbey on the menu screen to access the audio guide. We recommend downloading the audio tour before your visit using password EHBattle.
- Face masks - Face coverings must be worn in Battle Abbey's indoor shop, café, tea room, and we recommend wearing them in all other indoor spaces. We won’t be able to give you a face covering, so please come prepared so you don’t miss out.
Go to our Directions page and plan your journey to the Battle of Hastings, Abbey and Battlefield by car or public transport.
You will find parking information, post code for sat nav, and our address at the bottom of the page.
Find out what Facilities are available for your day out.
Here you can find out everything you need to know about parking, toilets and shopping at 1066 Battle of Hastings, Abbey and Battlefield, as well as other useful information.
Look up Access information for your visit. We have detailed information about what to expect if you have particular needs regarding:
- Mobility/Older Visitors
- Blind/Visually Impaired
- Deaf/Hard of Hearing
- Learning Difficulties
- Health and Safety
Find out what you need to know for Group Visits.
Look up what discounts there are for groups, as well as how to book your group visit, and see information about tours that may be available.
Food and Drink
Find out what food and drink we offer at 1066 Battle of Hastings Abbey and Battlefield.
Relax for a light lunch or afternoon tea in the delightful surroundings of Battle Abbey Café.
We use many seasonal ingredients from our own Walled Garden.