Food and Drink at Belsay Hall
The sheer beauty of Belsay can sharpen the appetite, so after you’ve explore the hall and gardens, make your way to the tearoom in the original kitchen for yet more treats.
What we offer
We make as much of our food as possible with fresh, seasonal local ingredients, and most items on our menu are freshly prepared to order.
You'll find a wide selection of delicious light meals including hot and cold sandwiches, soup, salads and baked potatoes. Our cheese and herb scones are particularly popular, as are our hot meat stotties, a local speciality. A stotty is a flat, round loaf with an indentation in the top.
For something sweet, choose from cakes including carrot, lemon drizzle and Victoria sponge, or try one of our fabulous brownies. You can also indulge in an afternoon tea with cakes and scones. There are also plenty of hot and cold drinks available.
You're welcome to bring your own picnic - there are picnic tables on the grassed area off the main car park. We can also provide picnic boxes and children's lunch boxes.
There are always vegetarian options and we also provide vegan and gluten-free cakes and snacks.Highchairs, bottle-warming and children's meals are all available.
You can find allergen and nutritional information here.
- April to September: daily, 10.30am to 5.30pm
- October: daily, 10.30am to 3.45pm
- November: weekends only, 10.30am to 3.45pm
- December: weekends only (daily between 27-31 Dec) 10.30am to 3.45pm
- January - weekends only, 10.30am to 3.45pm
- February: weekends and daily during half term: 10.30am to 3.45pm
- March: weekends only, 10.30am to 3.45pm