Plan Your Visit
Welcome to Carlisle Castle
We have introduced limits on visitor numbers to help keep everyone safe, and you won’t be able to visit without your booking confirmation. If you’re a Member, your ticket will be free, but you still need to book in advance. To book your visit, click the button below. Your ticket also includes entry to Cumbria's Museum of Military Life.
Although things might be a little different when you visit, you’ll still be able to enjoy exploring the places where history really happened. And you’ll still be given a warm and safe welcome by our friendly – if socially distant – staff and volunteers.
- Castle - The Captain's Tower, inner and outer ward and 2 floors of the Keep castle will be open. There will be some restricted access to other arts of the castle including the De'Ireby tower. The militia store exhibition will be closed.
- Cumbria's Museum of Military Life - The main exhibition will be open as usual.
- Café - The museum café will serve take away refreshments.
- Shop - The shop will be open.
- Toilets - Our toilets are open as usual. Additional hand sanitising stations will be available.
Find out what Facilities are available for your day out.
Here you can find out everything you need to know about parking, toilets and shopping at Carlisle Castle, as well as other useful information.
Look up Access information for your visit. We have detailed information about what to expect if you have particular needs regarding:
- Mobility/Older Visitors
- Blind/Visually Impaired
- Deaf/Hard of Hearing
- Learning Difficulties
- Health and Safety
Find out what you need to know for Group Visits.
Look up what discounts there are for groups, as well as how to book your group visit, and see information about tours that may be available.