Group visits to Clifford's Tower
Perched on top of the castle mound raised by William the Conqueror; Clifford's Tower was built during the 1250s as the keep of York Castle, one of the greatest fortresses in medieval England.
New in 2022, cutting edge design has radically transformed visits to Clifford’s Tower. Enjoy stunning views across York’s skyline from a new ring-shaped roof deck, which partially covers the 800-year-old ruin. Exclusive pre-opening access for groups is available.
We offer a 15% discount (10% for Stonehenge) for travel trade and organised groups of 11 or more paying visitors when payment is made in a single transaction.
Per group you also receive:
- free entry for one tour leader
- free entry for one coach driver
The tour leader, coach driver and any English Heritage members do not count towards the group totals.
Trade admission prices and opening times:
Please refer to our Trade Admission Prices & Site Opening Times brochure for pricing and opening times information at our top sites for groups.
Making a booking:
Contact information for making your group booking can be found in the Visit & Contact Information section below.
Please include the property name and date of visit in the subject line of your email along with the following information:
- Group name
- Name of property
- Tour reference/booking reference (if applicable)
- Date and time of arrival
- Number of visitors
Payment can be made on arrival by: cash, credit/debit card, cheque (made payable to The English Heritage Trust), Agency Voucher Scheme (AVS).
Visit & Contact information
- Coach parking: No coach parking on site. Park in St. George's Field coach park, approx. 6 minutes walk to the property entrance.
- Pre-visit audio tour: Listen to a pre-visit information tour of the Tower and its facilities.
- Access: There are 55 steps to the keep and then spiral stairs to the wall walk. Unfortunately this makes the tower inaccessible to wheel chair users. In 2022, new interpretation at the foot of the mound will enable visitors to discover more of the tower's fascinating stories without the need to climb the steps.
- Average length of visit: 1 hour.
Address: Tower Street, York, North Yorkshire, YO1 9SA
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (group bookings)
Telephone: Clifford's Tower: 01904 646940 (general enquiries only)
Local TIC: Please call 01904 550099 if you would like information on other things to do in the area.