Group visits to Corbridge Roman Town
Visit the evocative remains of a Roman garrison town and discover the Corbridge Hoard, one of the most significant finds from Roman Britain. Discover internationally significant Roman objects, from Roman armour to exquisite jewellery and the carving of the fierce Corbridge Lion.
We offer a 15% discount (10% for Stonehenge) for travel trade and organised groups of 11 or more paying visitors when payment is made in a single transaction.
Per group you also receive:
- free entry for one tour leader
- free entry for one coach driver
The tour leader, coach driver and any English Heritage members do not count towards the group totals.
Join our mailing list for more exclusive offers, Travel Trade news and useful updates from English Heritage.Join the mailing list
Trade admission prices and opening times:
Please refer to our Trade Admission Prices & Site Opening Times brochure for pricing and opening times information at our top sites for groups.
Making a booking:
Contact information for making your group booking can be found in the Visit & Contact Information section below.
Please include the property name and date of visit in the subject line of your email along with the following information:
- Group name
- Name of property
- Tour reference/booking reference (if applicable)
- Date and time of arrival
- Number of visitors
Payment can be made on arrival by: cash, credit/debit card, Agency Voucher Scheme (AVS).
Visit & Contact information
- Coach parking: Coaches can drop-off next to the property entrance, before being advised where to park.
- Catering: Vending machine offers a selection of hot drinks.
- Museum: Fascinating museum contains wide range of items which cover every aspect of Roman life, including The Corbridge Hoard (which was a Soldiers Trunk containing his worldly goods) and the tombstone of little Ertola, who ‘lived most happily four years and sixty days’, shown still playing with her ball. A presentation of a buried cache of internationally important Roman armour and tools. Technology helps visitors to explore how the artefacts were found and examine them in detail.
- Audio tour: Audio tour in English. Subject to availability.
- Access: Site is mostly accessible with gravel path to west and east of site, main street of site is uneven with loose stones and gravel but forms part of the historic remains of the site.
- Average length of visit: 1.5 hours.
Address: Corchester Lane, Corbridge, Northumberland, NE45 5NT
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (group bookings)
Telephone: Corbridge Roman Town: 01434 632349 (general enquiries only)
Local TIC: Please call tourist information on 01434 652220 if you would like to find out more information about visiting the surrounding area.
Aerial fam trip
Take flight above the the largest Roman artefact in the world. Explore the Wall’s rich history and its dramatic landscape on this aerial familiarisation visit. Groups will love visiting over 20 fascinating sites such as Housesteads Roman Fort, Chesters Roman Fort, Corbridge Roman Town and Birdoswald Roman fort.
Group Travel Support
Further support and useful resources available to group travel organisers can be found on our dedicated Group Visits webpages.
For educational groups, please visit our School Visits webpages.
Join our mailing list for more exclusive offers, Travel Trade news and useful updates from English Heritage.