Plan your visit
Welcome to Eltham Palace and Gardens
We have introduced limits on visitor numbers to help keep everyone safe, and you won’t be able to visit without your booking confirmation. If you’re a Member, your ticket will be free, but you still need to book in advance. To book your visit, click here.
Although things might be a little different when you visit, you’ll still be able to enjoy exploring the places where history really happened. And you’ll still be given a warm and safe welcome by our friendly – if socially distant – staff and volunteers.
- Gardens - The beautiful gardens and grounds are open for you to enjoy while keeping to social distancing.
- House – The house is open from 11am – 5pm daily (last admission at 4pm) with a new one-way system in place. The Medieval Great Hall and most parts of the mansion will be open as usual but some areas including the basement, the introductory screening room and two smaller bedrooms will be closed to ensure social distancing.
- Cafe - The cafe will be open for takeaway light refreshments and will have a new one way system.
- Shop - The shop will be open with a one-way system in place.
- Playground - The playground will remain closed.
- Toilets - Our toilets are open as usual. Additional hand sanitising stations will be available on site.
- Face coverings - Face coverings must be worn in Eltham Palace and Garden's indoor shop, café, tea room and all other indoor spaces. We won’t be able to give you a face covering, so please come prepared so you don’t miss out.
Go to our Directions page and plan your journey to Eltham Palace by car or public transport.
You will find parking information, post code for sat nav, and our address at the bottom of the page.
Look up Access information for your visit. We have detailed information about what to expect if you have particular needs regarding:
- Mobility/Older Visitors
- Blind/Visually Impaired
- Deaf/Hard of Hearing
- Learning Difficulties
- Health and Safety
Find out what you need to know for Group Visits.
Look up what discounts there are for groups, as well as how to book your group visit, and see information about tours that may be available.
FOOD & DRINK
Find out what food and drink we offer at Eltham Palace and Gardens.
Enjoy a tasty lunch or quick afternoon treat in our brand new café located in the new visitor centre.