What you need to know
We've made some changes to help keep you safe, and things might be a little different when you visit. Here's everything you need to know.
Do we need to Book?
Advance booking is now essential. We have introduced limits on visitor numbers to help keep everyone safe, and you won’t be able to visit without your booking confirmation. If you’re a Member, your ticket will be free, but you still need to book in advance. Make sure you've read our ticketing FAQ before you book.
What parts of the site are closed?
- SE and SW towers - entry into the base of the towers will remain closed.
- Keep - the keep is currently closed
- Roaring Meg – Roaring Meg will not be available to view over the winter as it will be covered against the elements to maintain its condition.
What changes have you made to your facilities?
- Cafe - The café will be open for takeaway light refreshments.
- Shop - The shop will be open offering a range of gifts and souvenirs. We will be encouraging contactless payment. You can also visit our online shop.
- Toilets - Our toilets are open as usual. Additional hand sanitising stations will be available on site.
Plan your Visit
How are you keeping us safe?
We've made a number of changes to help keep you safe. Although things might be a little different when you visit, you’ll still be able to enjoy exploring the places where history really happened. And you’ll still be given a warm and safe welcome by our friendly – if socially distant – staff and volunteers.
You can visit our reopening page for information on general safety measures we've taken to help keep you safe.
General Safety Information
Do I need to wear a face covering?
Face coverings must be worn in all indoor areas. We won't be able to provide you with a face covering, so please come prepared so you don't miss out.