Group visits to Goodrich Castle
Standing on a rocky crag, above the beautifully wooded Wye Valley, Goodrich Castle is one of the finest and best-preserved ruins of an English medieval castle. Step into its Civil War history, climb the Norman keep, enjoy the views and leave time for a cream tea in the café.
We offer a 15% discount (10% for Stonehenge) for travel trade and organised groups of 11 or more paying visitors when payment is made in a single transaction.
Per group you also receive:
- free entry for one tour leader
- free entry for one coach driver
The tour leader, coach driver and any English Heritage members do not count towards the group totals.
Trade admission prices and opening times:
Please refer to our Trade Admission Prices & Site Opening Times brochure for pricing and opening times information at our top sites for groups.
Making a booking:
Contact information for making your group booking can be found in the Visit & Contact Information section below.
Please include the property name and date of visit in the subject line of your email along with the following information:
- Group name
- Name of property
- Tour reference/booking reference (if applicable)
- Date and time of arrival
- Number of visitors
Payment can be made on arrival by: cash, credit/debit card, cheque (made payable to The English Heritage Trust), Agency Voucher Scheme (AVS).
Visit & Contact information
- Coach parking: No parking for coaches on site, please use the car park 300 metres from the castle to drop-off only.
- Catering: Goodrich's delightful tearoom serves a fine selection of light refreshments made from locally-sourced Herefordshire ingredients. Items on the menu include homemade soup, scones, ploughman's lunch, cream teas and cakes.
- Audio tour: Audio guides are subject to availability.
- Exhibition: The visitor centre features an interesting display of information charting the history of the castle, and some Civil War artefacts from its siege in 1646. A "Roaring Meg" cannon is located in the courtyard.
- Access: Disabled access is limited (no ramps). Please call for details or ask at the visitor centre on arrival.
- Average length of visit: 1 hour.
Address:Castle Lane, Goodrich, Ross on Wye, Herefordshire, HR9 6HY
Telephone: Goodrich Castle: 01600 890538
Make your group visit extra special by adding a guided tour.
Guided tours must be booked in advance and are always subject to availability.
Tour of Goodrich Castle
This tour will present a personalised view of Goodrich Castle as experienced by a passionate fan of the property. Hear about the history and development of the site through times including a basic presentation of the architecture as well as the conservation work, which English Heritage has undertaken over the years.
- Duration: 60 minutes
- Minimum-maximum pax: 11 - 30 pax.
- Advance booking required: Yes, a minimum of 30 days notice is required
- Price: Price available on enquiry.