Group visits to Hailes Abbey
An on-site museum reveals the stories of what was once one of the country’s most important pilgrimage destinations. Featuring treasures on display for the first time, it brings to life the history of the abbey and the lives of the monks who worshipped and lived there.
We offer a 15% discount (10% for Stonehenge) for travel trade and organised groups of 11 or more paying visitors when payment is made in a single transaction.
Per group you also receive:
- free entry for one tour leader
- free entry for one coach driver
The tour leader, coach driver and any English Heritage members do not count towards the group totals.
Trade admission prices and opening times:
Please refer to our Trade Admission Prices & Site Opening Times brochure for pricing and opening times information at our top sites for groups.
Making a booking:
Contact information for making your group booking can be found in the Visit & Contact Information section below.
Please include the property name and date of visit in the subject line of your email along with the following information:
- Group name
- Name of property
- Tour reference/booking reference (if applicable)
- Date and time of arrival
- Number of visitors
Payment can be made on arrival by: cash, credit/debit card, cheque (made payable to The English Heritage Trust), Agency Voucher Scheme (AVS).
Visit & Contact information
- Coach parking: Car park available, space for one coach at any one time.
- Catering: No catering on site.
- Audio tour: Pick up a free audio guide and imagine how the monks and lay brothers once lived, ate and slept. Be guided past our vivid new interpretation panels and see the clever Cistercian drain which still works after 750 years.
- Museum: The recently refurbished museum brings to life 300 years of piety, culture and tradition. Marvel at the sculptures, stonework and other site-finds on display - including an exceptionally rare fragment of a 14th-century monk's spectacles - giving you a unique insight into the abbey's history as both a monastic site and post-Dissolution home.
- Access: Museum/ticket point on level, then ramp. Abbey and grounds via gentle grass slope then level, smoothed area.
- Average length of visit: 1 hour.
Address: Hailes, Nr Winchcombe, Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, GL54 5PB
Telephone: Hailes Abbey: 01242 602398