Group visits to Housesteads Roman Fort
Learn about every aspect of a Roman soldier's life at Housesteads, from the clothes they wore to the tools and weapons they used, and from the deities they worshipped to their use of medicine. Set on the wild Whin Sill escarpment and flanked by dramatic stretches of Wall, uncover the lives of the self-sufficient soldiers who lived here.
We offer a 15% discount (10% for Stonehenge) for groups of 11 or more paying visitors when payment is made in a single transaction.
Per group you also receive:
- free entry for one tour leader
- free entry for one coach driver
The tour leader, coach driver and any English Heritage members do not count towards the group totals.
Trade admission prices and opening times:
Please refer to our Trade Admission Prices & Site Opening Times brochure for pricing and opening times information at our top sites for groups.
Making a booking:
Contact information for making your group booking can be found in the Visit & Contact Information section below.
Please include the property name and date of visit in the subject line of your email along with the following information:
- Group name
- Name of property
- Tour reference/booking reference (if applicable)
- Date and time of arrival
- Number of visitors
Payment can be made on arrival by: cash, credit/debit card, cheque (made payable to The English Heritage Trust), Agency Voucher Scheme (AVS).
Visit & Contact information
- Coach parking: No coach parking on site. Park in local car park (pay on exit) approx. 10 minute (1/2 mile) walk uphill to property entrance.
- Catering: The museum serves hot and cold drinks, and snacks to take away, with no seating. The visitor centre (managed by the National Trust) seats 32 inside and serves hot and cold drinks, sandwiches and snacks.
- Average length of visit: 2.5 hours
Address: Housesteads Roman Fort, Haydon Bridge, Hexham, Northumberland, NE47 6NN
Email: email@example.com (Group bookings team)
Telephone: 01434 344363 (General enquiries only)
Local TIC: If you would like more information about things to do in the local area, please call: 01434 652220 (Hexham tourist information)
Aerial fam trip
Take flight above the the largest Roman artefact in the world. Explore the Wall’s rich history and its dramatic landscape on this aerial familiarisation visit. Groups will love visiting over 20 fascinating sites such as Housesteads Roman Fort, Chesters Roman Fort, Corbridge Roman Town and Birdoswald Roman fort.