Welcome to Landguard Fort
We have introduced limits on visitor numbers to help keep everyone safe, and you won’t be able to visit without your booking confirmation. If you’re a Member, your ticket will be free, but you still need to book in advance. To book your visit, click here.
Although things might be a little different when you visit, you’ll still be able to enjoy exploring the places where history really happened. And you’ll still be given a warm and safe welcome by our friendly – if socially distant – staff and volunteers.
Please click here for more information about the safety measures you can expect when visiting as well as our FAQs.
Book your visit
- Fort – The outside spaces and bastions of the fort are open as usual. There is a one-way system in operation to take you safely around the fort.
- Tunnels – The tunnels are open with a one-way system in place.
- Refreshments – Snacks, ice creams, and hot and cold drinks are available from the tearoom and shop with tables outside and with social distancing measures in place. Visitors are also welcome to picnic on our designated picnic benches in the inner parade ground.
- Shop – The gift shop is open for purchase of souvenirs with social distancing measures in place.
- Toilets – The toilets will be open as usual with additional hand sanitising stations available in various locations on site.
- Face coverings – Face coverings must be worn in Landguard Fort’s indoor shop, tearoom and all other indoor spaces, including the tunnels. We won’t be able to give you a face covering, so please come prepared so you don’t miss out.
- Maps and information – A map and information sheet is available for your visit plus our very informative guidebook which is available from the shop.