This site is currently closed. Unfortunately, government restrictions relating to coronavirus mean that we cannot open St James's Chapel safely for our members, visitors or staff. We will continue to review this with the hope of re-opening and returning to normal opening hours as soon as we are able.
A pretty thatched 13th-century chapel with lancet windows, likely to have been built for use by residents of the nearby Castle of Lindsey.
Read more about the history of the chapel.
Before You Go
Parking: Parking is informal and next to the highway - be aware that vehicles may be passing.
Opening times: The chapel is open daily from 10am to 4pm.
Facilities: There are no facilities at the chapel but it is close to Lavenham and Long Melford where there are a variety of shops and places to eat.
Dogs: Assistance dogs only.
Plan a Great Day Out
Why not head towards the coast next and visit Landguard Fort, a 45-minute drive from Lindsey. This impressive safe haven defended the approach to Harwich Harbour, and was the site of the last opposed seaward invasion of England by the Dutch in 1667.