Plan Your Visit
Welcome to Portchester Castle
We have introduced limits on visitor numbers to help keep everyone safe, and you won’t be able to visit without your booking confirmation. If you’re a Member, your ticket will be free, but you still need to book in advance. To book your visit, click here.
Although things might be a little different when you visit, you’ll still be able to enjoy exploring the places where history really happened. And you’ll still be given a warm and safe welcome by our friendly – if socially distant – staff and volunteers.
- Courtyard and Castle Grounds - All outdoor areas within the castle walls will be open.
- Keep and indoor areas - The castle keep and other indoor areas will be open, using a one way system monitored by members of castle staff. The Castle Keep roof will remain closed.
- Exhibition - The castle's exhibition will be open for you to enjoy.
- Shop - The castle shop will be open, with a one way system in place. Payments can now be made using a contactless system.
- Toilets - No toilets are available on site.
- Face coverings - Face coverings must be worn in Portchester Castle's indoor shop and all other indoor spaces. We won’t be able to give you a face covering, so please come prepared so you don’t miss out.
Go to our Directions page and plan your journey to Portchester Castle by car or public transport.
You will find parking information, post code for sat nav, and our address at the bottom of the page.
Find out what Facilities are available for your day out.
Here you can find out everything you need to know about parking, toilets and shopping at Portchester Castle, as well as other useful information.
Look up Access information for your visit.
We have detailed information about what to expect if you have particular needs regarding Mobility/Older Visitors, Blind/Visually Impaired, Deaf/Hard of Hearing, Learning Difficulties, Culinary/Dietary, and Health and Safety.
Find out what you need to know for Group Visits.
Look up what discounts there are for groups, as well as how to book your group visit, and see information about tours that may be available.