Group visits to Aldborough Roman Site
Aldborough was the ‘capital’ of the Romanised Brigantes, the largest tribe in Britain at that time. One corner of these Yorkshire defences is laid out amid a Victorian arboretum, and two mosaic pavements can be viewed in their original positions. The site’s fascinating museum has an outstanding collection of Roman finds.
We offer a 15% discount (10% for Stonehenge) for travel trade and organised groups of 11 or more paying visitors when payment is made in a single transaction.
Per group you also receive:
- free entry for one tour leader
- free entry for one coach driver
The tour leader, coach driver and any English Heritage members do not count towards the group totals.
Join our mailing list for more exclusive offers, Travel Trade news and useful updates from English Heritage.Join the mailing list
Please be aware of the site's opening times when making your enquiry. Some of our smaller sites close during the winter, so you may expect a longer than expected response time.
Making a booking:
Contact information for making your group booking can be found in the Visit & Contact Information section below.
Please include the property name and date of visit in the subject line of your email along with the following information:
- Group name
- Name of property
- Tour reference/booking reference (if applicable)
- Date and time of arrival
- Number of visitors
Payment can be made on arrival by: cash, credit/debit card, cheque (made payable to The English Heritage Trust), Agency Voucher Scheme (AVS).
Visit & Contact information
- Prices and opening times: Please check here. The 'without donation' price applies to groups and travel trade.
- Coach parking: As there is no parking on site, coaches can drop off groups at entrance and then park in Boroughbridge 1 mile away.
- Catering: There is a small shop on site selling some drinks and snacks.
- Museum: The museum is at the front of the site and houses a large collection of objects found in the town. Mainly metal finds.
- Gardens: The grounds make up a beautiful Victorian arboretum containing a collection of North American pine trees which are landscaped around the ruins.
- Access: Limited wheelchair access. Please contact the site for more details before visiting.
- Average length of visit: 45 minutes.
Address: Aldborough, Boroughbridge, North Yorkshire YO51 9ES
Telephone: Aldborough Roman Site: 01904 646940
Group Travel Support
Further support and useful resources available to group travel organisers can be found on our dedicated Group Visits webpages.
For educational groups, please visit our School Visits webpages.
Join our mailing list for more exclusive offers, Travel Trade news and useful updates from English Heritage.