Plan your visit
Welcome to Bolsover Castle
We have introduced limits on visitor numbers to help keep everyone safe, and you won’t be able to visit without your booking confirmation. If you’re a Member, your ticket will be free, but you still need to book in advance. To book your visit, click the button below.
Although things might be a little different when you visit, you’ll still be able to enjoy exploring the places where history really happened. And you’ll still be given a warm and safe welcome by our friendly – if socially distant – staff and volunteers.
- Castle and grounds - The Little Castle, the Riding House and the upper Terrace Range will remain open with a one way system in place. Access may be restricted to certain areas.
- Café - Take away food and drink will be available.
- Play area - The play area will remain closed.
- Shop - The shop will be open
- Toilets - Our toilets are open as usual.
- Summer Adventure Quest - This summer, from 18 July, take your family on a free fun adventure quest. Download your trail map below.
Find out what Facilities are available for your day out.
Here you can find out everything you need to know about parking, toilets and shopping at Bolsover Castle, as well as other useful information.
Look up Access information for your visit. We have detailed information about what to expect if you have particular needs regarding:
- Mobility/Older Visitors
- Blind/Visually Impaired
- Deaf/Hard of Hearing
- Learning Difficulties
- Health and Safety
Find out what you need to know for Group Visits.
Look up what discounts there are for groups, as well as how to book your group visit, and see information about tours that may be available.
Food and drink
Find out what food and drink we offer at Bolsover Castle.
Rest your feet after exploring the castle in our fantastic café and treat yourself to a yummy sandwich, refreshing hot drink or tempting homemade cake.