Inspire your students with a visit to Conisbrough Castle, a symbol of power and wealth built by the Warenne family after the Norman Conquest, with 850 years of history to discover. Explore for free with your class, or immerse them in the medieval world with an expert-led Discovery Visit workshop to compliment your learning.
Support your teaching in the classroom by stepping out of it. A visit to Conisbrough Castle will help you bring learning to life, covering multiple topics across the curriculum and key stages.
- KS1 History: Significant historical events, people and places in the locality
- KS2 History: A local history study. A study of an aspect or theme in British history that extends pupils' chronological knowledge beyond 1066
- KS2 Geography: Human Geography: types of settlement and land use, why was the castle built here?
- KS3 History: A local history study. The development of Church, state and society in Medieval Britain 1066-1509
Free Self-led Visits
Book a free self-led visit to Conisbrough Castle and organise your day to suit your curriculum objectives. Immerse your class in the world of medieval castles as you explore the unique cylindrical keep and imagine what life would have been like for the wealthy Warenne family and the people who worked at the castle, compared to our lives today. Download the free organiser pack and hazard information to help make planning your visit stress-free.Enquire Now
Expert-led Discovery Visits
We have developed two exciting expert-led Discovery visits to give your pupils engaging, practical experiences of the castle's medieval past. At just £100 per session per class of up to 30 children, it’s a great way to inspire your students and enhance your learning outside of the classroom at Conisbrough Castle.Find out more
Plan Your Trip
We have a wide range of materials to support your visit and make school trip planning easy. Download our free resources to help you make the most out of your visit and create unique learning experiences before, during and after your trip.
We also offer free planning visits for group leaders once you have made a booking. Our Education Booking Team is on hand to advise and help you create the best possible school trip to suit your needs and area of study.
How to book
Bookings are best made online and we will contact you within 5 days of your enquiry.
0370 333 0606
Education Opening Times
- January to March: Monday to Sunday 10.00 – 16.00
- April to September: Monday to Sunday 10.00 – 18.00
- October: Monday to Sunday 10.00 – 17.00
- November and December: Monday to Sunday 10.00 – 16.00