Group visits to Dartmouth Castle
Groups visiting today will once again find the picturesque castle alive with the sights and sounds of men preparing the defenses, as video animations together with audio and light installations tell the story of the site with dramatic effect.
We offer a 15% discount (10% for Stonehenge) for groups of 11 or more paying visitors when payment is made in a single transaction.
Per group you also receive:
- free entry for one tour leader
- free entry for one coach driver
The tour leader, coach driver and any English Heritage members do not count towards the group totals.
Trade admission prices and opening times:
Please refer to our Trade Admission Prices & Site Opening Times brochure for pricing and opening times information at our top sites for groups.
Making a booking:
Contact information for making your group booking can be found in the Visit & Contact Information section below.
Please include the property name and date of visit in the subject line of your email along with the following information:
- Group name
- Name of property
- Tour reference/booking reference (if applicable)
- Date and time of arrival
- Number of visitors
Payment can be made on arrival by: cash, credit/debit card, cheque (made payable to The English Heritage Trust), Agency Voucher Scheme (AVS).
Visit & Contact information
- Coach parking:Car park suitable for minibuses only, but there is coach parking available in the town.
- Catering: Tearoom with stunning views over the estuary at the Castle sells cream teas, sandwiches, some hot meals and hot cold beverages. (Not operated by English Heritage).
- Exhibition: Explore the Victorian gun battery and get a sense of the work carried out by the soldiers as they prepare to fire one of the big guns – thanks to a dramatic new sound and light installation. Explore the Gun Tower to see where the chain was and watch a specially commissioned animation showing how it may have worked.
- Access: Access is very restricted for wheelchair users due to the many slopes, spiral staircases and steps on the site. A companion is recommended. Access for wheelchair users to the castle is through areas outside English Heritage’s control.
- Average length of visit: 4 - 5 hours
Address: Castle Road, Dartmouth, Devon, TQ6 0JN
Telephone: Dartmouth Castle: 01803 834445
Local TIC: If you would like more information about things to do in the local area, please call: 01803 834224 (Dartmouth tourist information)