Let your students explore one of Henry VIII's finest artillery castles and find out what life was like for the people who lived and worked here.
"Deal Castle allows young learners to capture the historical experience of defending the town of Deal and the coastline from attack. It provides a factual learning journey from King Henry's time to the present day that is both engaging and informative, and plenty of fun can be had!"
Anna Palmer, Early Years Teacher
- KS1 History: Significant historical events, people and places in the locality
- KS1 English: Use the castle as a platform for developing stories and fairy-tales
- KS1 Mathematics: Focus on the main shapes of the building
- KS2 History: A local history study. A study of an aspect or theme in British history that extends pupils’ chronological knowledge beyond 1066
- KS3 History: A local history study. The development of Church, state and society in Britain 1509-1745
Free self-led visits
Enjoy a free self-led visit and lead your day in your own way. Your students can explore the defences, discover the bastions and see the cannons. Let them experience Deal Castle for themselves, and learn what a Tudor fort is, why and how it was built, and the reasons why it was so important to the local area.Find out more
Plan your trip
We have a wide range of materials to support your visit and make school trip planning easy. Download our free resources to help you make the most out of your visit and create unique learning experiences before, during and after your trip.
We also offer free planning visits for group leaders once you have made a booking. Our Education Booking Team is on hand to advise and help you create the best possible school trip to suit your needs and area of study.
Find out more
School visits from September 2020
Education bookings for learners of all ages and abilities will be open from 31 August, and you’ll be able to book for visits from September 2020 to March 2021. If you already have a booking with us in that time, we’ll be in touch over the next few weeks.
In the meantime if you have a query related to an existing booking or would like more information please email email@example.com
We look forward to seeing you again soon.