Plan your Visit
Welcome to Dover Castle
We have introduced limits on visitor numbers to help keep everyone safe, and you won’t be able to visit without your booking confirmation. If you’re a Member, your ticket will be free, but you still need to book in advance. To book your visit, click here.
Although things might be a little different when you visit, you’ll still be able to enjoy exploring the places where history really happened. And you’ll still be given a warm and safe welcome by our friendly – if socially distant – staff and volunteers.
- Castle Grounds - The grounds and wide open spaces of Dover Castle will be fully open for you to enjoy.
- Great Tower -The inside of the Great Tower will be open to visitors with a one way system in place to guide you. The Keep Yard and the Arthur’s Hall exhibition space explaining the history of the Great Tower will also be open.
- Castle Tunnels – The medieval tunnels are open but the Secret Wartime Tunnels remain closed.
- New for Summer - From 18 July join our family friendly activities across the grounds including live interpretation in the open air and our fun summer quest trail.
- WWI Fire Command Post – The ground floor of the WWI Fire Command Post, the upstairs Port War Signalling Station and the rooftop viewing platform with striking views across the channel are open.
- Cafe - A new alternative takeaway service offering a range of snacks, treats and hot drinks will be available at two locations. Our café is taking part in the Eat Out to Help Out scheme. Find out more here.
- Shop - The Great Tower shop will be open,with a new one way system in place.
- Toilets - The castle's toilet facilities will be open. Additional hand sanitising stations will be available in various locations.
- Face masks - Face coverings must be worn in Dover Castle's indoor shop and cafés, and we recommend wearing them in all other indoor spaces. We won’t be able to give you a face covering, so please come prepared so you don’t miss out.
Please note, we are presently unable to take bookings for mobility scooters by telephone. If you wish to book one of the several mobility scooters we have available on site, please contact us by email using Dover.Castle@English-Heritage.org.uk
Find out what Facilities are available for your day out.
Find out everything you need to know about parking, food and drinks facilities and shopping at Dover Castle, as well as details of picnic areas, children's playgrounds and current exhibitions.
Look up Access information for your visit. We have detailed information about what to expect if you have particular needs regarding:
- Mobility/Older Visitors
- Blind/Visually Impaired
- Deaf/Hard of Hearing
- Learning Difficulties
- Health and Safety
Food and Drink
Find out what food and drink we offer at Dover Castle.
We have several eateries tucked within the castle walls offering a wide variety of refreshments to satisfy your appetite.
From snacks and sandwiches to hearty hot food, with an emphasis on home cooking and local ingredients.