Group visits to Grime's Graves Prehistoric Flint Mine
Make the adventurous 9-metre (30-foot) descent into Britain's only accessible prehistoric mine. Set amid the unique Breckland landscape and within a Site of Special Scientific Interest rich in rare and unique wildlife, it makes for an unforgettable experience.
We offer a 15% discount (10% for Stonehenge) for travel trade and organised groups of 11 or more paying visitors when payment is made in a single transaction.
Per group you also receive:
- free entry for one tour leader
- free entry for one coach driver
The tour leader, coach driver and any English Heritage members do not count towards the group totals.
Trade admission prices and opening times:
Please refer to our Trade Admission Prices & Site Opening Times brochure for pricing and opening times information at our top sites for groups.
Making a booking:
Contact information for making your group booking can be found in the Visit & Contact Information section below.
Please include the property name and date of visit in the subject line of your email along with the following information:
- Group name
- Name of property
- Tour reference/booking reference (if applicable)
- Date and time of arrival
- Number of visitors
Payment can be made on arrival by: cash, credit/debit card, cheque (made payable to The English Heritage Trust), Agency Voucher Scheme (AVS).
Visit & Contact information
- Access: Visitors are advised to wear ‘sensible’ shoes as there are some areas of rough ground. Under 7’s are not permitted in the public pit.
- Coach parking: Spaces for 3 coaches (no need to book in advance).
- Average length of visit: 1.5 hours.
Address: Lynford, Thetford, Norfolk IP26 5DE
Telephone: 01842 810656
Make your group visit extra special by adding a guided tour.
Guided tours must be booked in advance and are always subject to availability.
Discover Grime's Graves
A guide helps to interpret the spectacular landscape at Grime’s Graves, helping to show how it reflects the ancient industries which were practised here as long as 5,000 years ago. There were many theories put forward as to what the enigmatic earthworks were before their correct identification in the late 19th century. Tour includes admission to the public pit at Grime’s Graves, via a nine metre (30ft) ladder.
- Access: Visitors are advised to wear ‘sensible’ shoes as the tour covers some areas of rough ground. Under 7’s are not permitted in the public pit.
- Duration: 60 minutes
- Minimum-maximum pax: 11 - 30 pax.
- Advance booking required: Yes, a minimum of 14 days notice is required.
- Price: normal admission fee + £50 per group.