Set against the River Thames in Richmond, Marble Hill is a beautiful example of an arcadian retreat from crowded 18th-century London. It was built for Henrietta Howard, a remarkable Georgian woman who against all odds built herself an independent life.
Bring learning to life outside of the classroom at Marble Hill House, with links to different subjects across the curriculum
- KS1 History: Local history study: significant historical events, people and places in their own locality
- KS1 Art: Use drawing to share ideas, experiences and imagination (use the landscape as inspiration)
- KS1 Science: Understand living things and their habitats through exploration of the grounds
- KS2 History: Local history study: significant historical events, people and places in their own locality. A study of an aspect or theme in British history that extends students’ chronological knowledge beyond 1066
- KS2 Art: Create sketch books to record observations and use them to review and revisit ideas (use the landscape as inspiration)
- KS2 Science: Understand living things and their habitats through exploration of the grounds
Expert-Led Discovery Visits
Book an expert-led Discovery Visit at Marble Hill House and Orleans House Gallery, made possible thanks to funding from the National Lottery and the support of lottery players. Learn about key figure Henrietta Howard and better understand her life during the Georgian period. Students will explore the landscape of Marble Hill House with an outside tour of the grounds, learn about Henrietta through art, language and role-play, and create a clay tile inspired by their learning.Find out more
Plan Your Trip
We have a wide range of materials to support your visit and make school trip planning easy. Download our free resources to help you make the most out of your visit and create unique learning experiences before, during and after your trip.
We also offer free planning visits for group leaders once you have made a booking. Our Education Booking Team is on hand to advise and help you create the best possible school trip to suit your needs and area of study.
Find out more
School visits from September 2020
Education bookings for learners of all ages and abilities will be open from 31 August, and you’ll be able to book for visits from September 2020 to March 2021. If you already have a booking with us in that time, we’ll be in touch over the next few weeks.
In the meantime if you have a query related to an existing booking or would like more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to seeing you again soon.