Set against the River Thames in Richmond, Marble Hill is a beautiful example of an arcadian retreat from crowded 18th-century London. It was built for Henrietta Howard, a remarkable Georgian woman who against all odds built herself an independent life.
Bring learning to life outside of the classroom at Marble Hill House, with links to different subjects across the curriculum
- KS1 History: Local history study: significant historical events, people and places in their own locality
- KS1 Art: Use drawing to share ideas, experiences and imagination (use the landscape as inspiration)
- KS1 Science: Understand living things and their habitats through exploration of the grounds
- KS2 History: Local history study: significant historical events, people and places in their own locality. A study of an aspect or theme in British history that extends students’ chronological knowledge beyond 1066
- KS2 Art: Create sketch books to record observations and use them to review and revisit ideas (use the landscape as inspiration)
- KS2 Science: Understand living things and their habitats through exploration of the grounds
Free self-led visits
Book a free, self-led visit to Marble Hill and organise your day to suit your curriculum needs.
Free, self-led visits are available Wednesday – Friday, 10am - 4.30pm from 1st April to 31st October.Enquire now
Expert-Led Discovery Visits
We aren’t running Discovery Visits at this site at the moment, but you can visit for free and use our Teachers' Kit.
To keep up to date with our education offer at Marble Hill, please sign up below.Sign up
Plan Your Trip
We have a wide range of materials to support your visit and make school trip planning easy. You can find all our site-specific information and tools below, and for Covid-19 risk assessments and measures we’ve got in place please visit our what to expect page.
Download our free resources to help you make the most out of your visit and create unique learning experiences before, during and after your trip. We also offer free planning visits for group leaders once you have made a booking. Visit our bookings page to start planning your trip!