Immerse your class in the history of Mount Grace Priory, from medieval origins and a successful priory, to a family home. To help you plan your trip, our new Teacher's Kit is full of helpful information, activity ideas and inspiration for learning in the classroom before and after your visit.
Bring history and the curriculum to life at Mount Grace Priory:
- KS1 History: The lives of significant individuals in the past
- KS1 Science: Identify and name a variety of plants and animals in their habitats
- KS1 Geography: Develop knowledge about their locality.
- KS1-2 Art & Design: Know about great artists, craft makers and designers
- KS1-3 History: Local history study
- KS2 Science: Identify and describe the functions of different parts of flowering plants
- KS3 History: Development of Church, state and society in Britain
- KS3 Religious Education: How and why individuals and communities express the meanings of their beliefs and values
- KS4 Religious Education: Investigate and analyse the beliefs and practices of religions
Free self-led visits
Immerse your class in the history of Mount Grace Priory, from medieval origins to a successful monastery, to a family home. Learn about the life of Carthusian monks in the reconstructed monk's cell, tour the Arts & Crafts manor house, looking out for William Morris designs, and explore the beautiful gardens. Our new Teacher's kit is designed to help you plan your trip, with useful information and ideas for activities and learning opportuinities before, during and after your visit.Find out more
Do you know your Carthusians from your Benedictines? Learn about the differences betweent the four major monastic movements: the Benedictines, Cluniacs, Carthusians and Cistercians, in this short animation.
Plan Your Trip
We have a wide range of materials to support your visit and make school trip planning easy. Download our free resources to help you make the most out of your visit and create unique learning experiences before, during and after your trip.
We also offer free planning visits for group leaders once you have made a booking. Our Education Booking Team is on hand to advise and help you create the best possible school trip to suit your needs and area of study.