Plan Your Visit
Welcome to Osborne
We have introduced limits on visitor numbers to help keep everyone safe, and you won’t be able to visit without your booking confirmation. If you’re a Member, your ticket will be free, but you still need to book in advance. To book your visit, click here.
Although things might be a little different when you visit, you’ll still be able to enjoy exploring the places where history really happened. And you’ll still be given a warm and safe welcome by our friendly – if socially distant – staff and volunteers.
- Gardens and Grounds - The wide acres of the Osborne estate, including the beach, woodland walk and terraces will be fully open for you to enjoy.
- Mini bus service - We are operating a limited mini bus service between the house and Queen Victoria’s Beach. As the service is running at reduced capacity, we kindly ask that visitors who are able to explore the site without making use of this service do so. Please speak to a member of staff for more information.
- House - The ground floor of the House will be open with social distancing measures in place. The Grand corridor, State Rooms and Durbar Wing will be open as usual with a one-way system in place but some areas including the Exhibition Room, Council Room Corridor and Table Deckers will be closed to ensure social distancing.
- Swiss Cottage and Museum - The Swiss Cottage and Museum remain closed.
- Café - The Beach Café will be open for takeaway service offering snacks and refreshments. The Orangery is open for hot and cold drinks, beer and wine and takeaway cakes, hot sausage rolls and pasties. The Gazelle house cake stop adjacent to Swiss Cottage is also open for takeaway drinks and snacks.
- Playgrounds - The play area located near Swiss Cottage is open.
- Shop - Osborne’s shop will be open with a one way system in place.
- Toilets - Toilet facilities will be available in the gardens. Additional hand sanitising stations will be available in various locations.
- Face coverings - Face coverings must be worn in Osborne's indoor shop, café, tea room and all other indoor spaces. We won’t be able to give you a face covering, so please come prepared so you don’t miss out.
Go to our Directions page and plan your journey to Osborne by car, bicycle or public transport.
You will find parking information, the site post code for your sat nav, and the full address at the bottom of the page.
Find out what Facilities are available for your day out.
Find out everything you need to know about parking, food and drinks facilities and shopping at Osborne, as well as other useful information such as current exhibitions.
Look up Access information for your visit. We have detailed information about what to expect if you have particular needs regarding:
- Mobility/Older Visitors
- Blind/Visually Impaired
- Deaf/Hard of Hearing
- Learning Difficulties
- Health and Safety
Find out what you need to know for Group Visits. See what discounts there are for groups, as well as how to book.
There is also information here on guided tours for your group, parking information, and useful telephone numbers if you have a query.
Food and Drink
Find out what food and drink we offer at Osborne.
Dine like royalty in our elegant Terrace Restaurant, or enjoy soup and snacks in the Petty Officers' Quarters café.
Grab a sandwich at the Swiss Cottage Gazelle House cake shop, or savour an ice-cream with a view at the Beach Pavilion Ice-Cream Parlour.