Help your class explore the history of Pendennis, from Tudor times to today, with one of our many ways to learn.
"Thank you for a stimulating and brilliant workshop and visit. Will come back again!"
on our Now and Then Discovery Visit
- KS1-3 History: Local History Study
- KS1 History: Significant historical events, people and places in their own locality
- KS2 History: Study of an aspect or theme in British history that extends pupils’ chronological knowledge beyond 1066
- KS3 History: Development of Church, state and society in Britain 1066-1509 and 1509-1745, ideas, political power, industry and empire in Britain 1745-1901, and challenges for Britain, Europe and the wider world 1901 to the present day
- GCSE History: Study of the historic environment
Free Self-led Visits
One of the finest of the mighty fortresses built by Henry VIII to defend the country against invasion, Pendennis Castle remains one of Cornwall's greatest fortresses. With over 400 years of defending Britain's coasts, and a range of ways to learn on-site, we've got everything you need to help you cover a wide range of cross-curricular topics. Explore the Gun Tower and use our Tudor Discovery Chest and resources to help you with learning in and out of the classroom.
The Cornwall Heritage Trust offer funding for school transport to eligible schools. Find out more and fill out an application form to see if you can cover the costs of transport on your trip to Pendennis.ENQUIRE NOW
Expert-led Discovery Visits
Bring Pendennis Castle to life and let us lead a Discovery Visit for you. Our sessions are interactive, hands-on and immersive and have been specifically designed to meet the needs of KS1-3 students. Discover our brand new session for KS2-3 which explores the significance of the castle against key historical periods.
FIND OUT MORE
Plan Your Visit
We have a wide range of materials to support your visit and make school trip planning easy. Download our free resources to help you make the most out of your visit and create unique learning experiences before, during and after your trip.
We also offer free planning visits for group leaders once you have made a booking. Our Education Booking Team is on hand to advise and help you create the best possible school trip to suit your needs and area of study.
How to book
0370 333 0606
Education Opening Times
- During February half term: Monday to Sunday 10.00 – 16.00
- After February half term to March: Wednesday to Sunday 10.00 – 16.00
- April to September: Monday to Sunday 10.00 – 18.00
- October: Monday to Sunday 10.00 – 17.00
- November to February half term: Saturday and Sunday 10.00 – 16.00
Additional days are available for Discovery Visits during November to February half term. Check here for details.