Help your class explore the history of Pendennis, from Tudor times to today, with one of our many ways to learn.
"Thank you for a stimulating and brilliant workshop and visit. Will come back again!"
on our Now and Then Discovery Visit
Information about your visit
Our number one priority remains the health, safety and security of all of our visitors, staff and volunteers. Our staff are still working hard to keep everyone safe and make sure you and your group have an enjoyable visit.
Important information to consider before you book:
- To keep everyone safe we’re continuing to limit visitor numbers at some sites and in some indoor spaces. Please book as soon as possible to secure your preferred trip date and times.
- Find out more about what to expect on your school visit and make sure you download our COVID risk assessments; download a free copy of managing education visits during the pandemic and if you're participating in a Discovery Visit download our managing Discovery Visits during the pandemic risk assessment
- To make the planning process as easy as possible, make sure you check our Plan Your School Trip section at the bottom of this page, for updated information on the facilities at the site as well as our free resources.
- You’ll need to book your visit at least 14 days in advance. Please check our terms and conditions for full details.
- Although is it not a requirement, any teachers, parents, or students aged 16 years can check in via the NHS Test and Trace app, using the NHS QR code posters displayed at the site entrance. Please factor this into your travel/arrival time. For more information about how we are handling your personal data for NHS Test and Trace please visit this page.
- Our staff are continuing to wear a face covering in our busy areas and indoor spaces, and we encourage you and your group to do the same where possible.
At some sites you might not be able to use our handling collections or costumes as part of a free self-led visit, but where we can provide hands-on items in a safe way we will. We’ve adapted our Discovery Visit workshops to keep you and your group safe at all times, but for certain sessions we’re still working on this – please check the Discovery Visit section and Facilities section on this page below for further information.
- KS1-3 History: Local History Study
- KS1 History: Significant historical events, people and places in their own locality
- KS2 History: Study of an aspect or theme in British history that extends pupils’ chronological knowledge beyond 1066
- KS3 History: Development of Church, state and society in Britain 1066-1509 and 1509-1745, ideas, political power, industry and empire in Britain 1745-1901, and challenges for Britain, Europe and the wider world 1901 to the present day
- GCSE History: Study of the historic environment
Free Self-led Visits
One of the finest of the mighty fortresses built by Henry VIII to defend the country against invasion, Pendennis Castle remains one of Cornwall's greatest fortresses. With over 400 years of defending Britain's coasts, and a range of ways to learn on-site, we've got everything you need to help you cover a wide range of cross-curricular topics.
The Cornwall Heritage Trust offer funding for school transport to eligible schools. Find out more and fill out an application form to see if you can cover the costs of transport on your trip to Pendennis.Enquire now
Expert-led Discovery Visits
Bring Pendennis Castle to life and let us lead a Discovery Visit for you. Our sessions have been adapted to follow health and safety guidelines and will still offer your students a quality and fun learning experience.
FIND OUT MORE about Enemies on the Horizon
Plan Your Visit
We have a wide range of materials to support your visit and make school trip planning easy. Download our free resources to help you make the most out of your visit and create unique learning experiences before, during and after your trip.
We also offer free planning visits for group leaders once you have made a booking. Our Education Booking Team is on hand to advise and help you create the best possible school trip to suit your needs and area of study.
0370 333 0606
We’re here to support your school trip planning this term. Book your visit online. All bookings must be made at least 14 days in advance. Please make sure you check our terms and conditions ahead of your visit.
If you’d like more information about a site or one of our workshops, get in touch to speak to your local Education Visits Officer.