Help your class explore the history of Pendennis, from Tudor times to today, with one of our many ways to learn.
"Thank you for a stimulating and brilliant workshop and visit. Will come back again!"
on our Now and Then Discovery Visit
- KS1-3 History: Local History Study
- KS1 History: Significant historical events, people and places in their own locality
- KS2 History: Study of an aspect or theme in British history that extends pupils’ chronological knowledge beyond 1066
- KS3 History: Development of Church, state and society in Britain 1066-1509 and 1509-1745, ideas, political power, industry and empire in Britain 1745-1901, and challenges for Britain, Europe and the wider world 1901 to the present day
- GCSE History: Study of the historic environment
Free Self-led Visits
One of the finest of the mighty fortresses built by Henry VIII to defend the country against invasion, Pendennis Castle remains one of Cornwall's greatest fortresses. With over 400 years of defending Britain's coasts, and a range of ways to learn on-site, we've got everything you need to help you cover a wide range of cross-curricular topics.
The Cornwall Heritage Trust offer funding for school transport to eligible schools. Find out more and fill out an application form to see if you can cover the costs of transport on your trip to Pendennis.Enquire now
Expert-led Discovery Visits
Bring Pendennis Castle to life and let us lead a Discovery Visit for you. Our sessions have been adapted to follow health and safety guidelines and will still offer your students a quality and fun learning experience.
FIND OUT MORE
Plan Your Visit
We have a wide range of materials to support your visit and make school trip planning easy. You can find all our site-specific information and tools below, and for Covid-19 risk assessments and measures we’ve got in place please visit our what to expect page.
Download our free resources to help you make the most out of your visit and create unique learning experiences before, during and after your trip. We also offer free planning visits for group leaders once you have made a booking. Visit our bookings page to start planning your trip!
0370 333 0606
If you’d like more information about a site or one of our workshops, get in touch using the online form on our bookings page to speak to your local Education Visits Officer. We look forward to seeing you soon.