Plan Your Visit
Welcome to Rievaulx Abbey
We have introduced limits on visitor numbers to help keep everyone safe, and you won’t be able to visit without your booking confirmation. If you’re a Member, your ticket will be free, but you still need to book in advance. To book your visit, click here.
Although things might be a little different when you visit, you’ll still be able to enjoy exploring the places where history really happened. And you’ll still be given a warm and safe welcome by our friendly – if socially distant – staff and volunteers.
- Abbey and grounds - All outdoor spaces will be open as usual.
- Museum - The museum remains open as usual.
- Toilets - The toilets will be open. Please note that the toilets are only open to visitors with a booked ticket to visit the abbey.
- Café - The Café remains open with a limited offer. You do not need a ticket to visit the café, although bear in mind that parking at the Abbey is still reserved to visitors with a pre-booked ticket.
- Shop - The shop remains open as usual with limits on number of people at any given time.
- Face coverings - Face coverings must be worn in Rievaulx Abbey's indoor shop, café and all other indoor spaces. We won't be able to give you a face covering so please come prepared so you don't miss out.
Find out what Facilities are available for your day out.
Here you can find out everything you need to know about parking, toilets and shopping at Rievaulx Abbey as well as other useful information.
Look up Access information for your visit.
We have detailed information about what to expect if you have particular needs regarding:
- Mobility/Older Visitors
- Blind/Visually Impaired
- Deaf/Hard of Hearing
- Learning Difficulties
- Health and Safety
Find out what you need to know for Group Visits.
Look up what discounts there are for groups, as well as how to book your group visit, and see information about tours that may be available.