Group visits to Rievaulx Abbey
Set in a tranquil wooded valley, Rievaulx was once one of the wealthiest monasteries in medieval England, housing a 650-strong community at its peak. Wander the extensive ruins of the abbey to discover more about the building and how it looked at various stages of its development. Take in the stunning views from the visitor centre while enjoying a tasty treat in our new tearoom and appreciate why St Aelred's 'everywhere peace, everywhere serenity' description of Rievaulx Abbey could quite easily have been written today.
We offer a 15% discount (10% for Stonehenge) for travel trade and organised groups of 11 or more paying visitors when payment is made in a single transaction.
Per group you also receive:
- free entry for one tour leader
- free entry for one coach driver
The tour leader, coach driver and any English Heritage members do not count towards the group totals.
Join our mailing list for more exclusive offers, Travel Trade news and useful updates from English Heritage.Join the mailing list
Trade admission prices and opening times:
Please refer to our Trade Admission Prices & Site Opening Times brochure for pricing and opening times information at our top sites for groups.
Making a booking:
Contact information for making your group booking can be found in the Visit & Contact Information section below.
Please include the property name and date of visit in the subject line of your email along with the following information:
- Group name
- Name of property
- Tour reference/booking reference (if applicable)
- Date and time of arrival
- Number of visitors
Payment can be made on arrival by: cash, credit/debit card, Agency Voucher Scheme (AVS).
Visit & Contact information
- Coach parking: No coach parking on site. Coaches can drop-off/pick-up at site before parking in Helmsley.
- Catering: Café seating 64 inside and 30 outside. Lunches and light refreshments are available. Open summer and 5 days a week throughout winter.
- Museum: Our elegant museum features previously unseen artefacts from the abbey including elaborate medieval stone carvings, chess pieces and gold coins which tell the story of the rise and dramatic fall of the first Cistercian abbey in the North of England.
- Access: Access to most of site is via fine, loose gravel paths and smooth grass, although there are some steps from the cloister and church. Site is on a slope and in some areas assistance may be required by manual wheelchair users. Some signage is in place to warn of slopes.
- Average length of visit: 2 hours.
Address: Rievaulx, Nr Helmsley, North Yorkshire, YO62 5LB
Email: email@example.com (group bookings team)
Telephone: Rievaulx Abbey: 01439 798228 (general enquiries only)
Local TIC: If you'd like information on other things to see in the area, please call: 01439 770173 (Helmsley TIC)
Aerial Fam Trip
Escape to the tranquil valley of the North York Moors and discover the impressive ruins of one of England's most powerful Cistercian monasteries.
Group Travel Support
Further support and useful resources available to group travel organisers can be found on our dedicated Group Visits webpages.
For educational groups, please visit our School Visits webpages.
Join our mailing list for more exclusive offers, Travel Trade news and useful updates from English Heritage.