Group visits to Walmer Castle and Gardens
Walmer Castle is a treat in any season with ever-changing colours across the herbaceous borders and formal and informal gardens. From 2019 visitors can stroll through the re-created 19th century Pleasure Grounds and can enjoy a woodland walk, wild flower meadow and sunken glen garden. On colder days group can explore the castle and its restored rooms. Built by Henry VIII, Walmer became the official residence of the Lord Warden of the Cinque Ports in 1708 and evolved into an elegant country house.
We offer a 15% discount (10% for Stonehenge) for groups of 11 or more paying visitors when payment is made in a single transaction.
Per group you also receive:
- free entry for one tour leader
- free entry for one coach driver
The tour leader, coach driver and any English Heritage members do not count towards the group totals.
Trade admission prices and opening times:
Please refer to our Trade Admission Prices & Site Opening Times brochure for pricing and opening times information at our top sites for groups.
Making a booking:
Contact information for making your group booking can be found in the Visit & Contact Information section below.
Please include the property name and date of visit in the subject line of your email along with the following information:
- Group name
- Name of property
- Tour reference/booking reference (if applicable)
- Date and time of arrival
- Number of visitors
Payment can be made on arrival by: cash, credit/debit card, cheque (made payable to The English Heritage Trust), Agency Voucher Scheme (AVS).
Visit & Contact information
- Coach parking: Currently there is no on-site coach parking available. We suggest groups are dropped off at Granville Road which is adjacent to Walmer Castle. From there visitors may walk safely along the public footpath through the field, this will bring them out at the entrance to the castle. Please note those with walking difficulties may find this route difficult, please do contact to discuss any individual needs.
- Catering: Visit the Lord Warden's Tearoom serving light lunch and refreshments using seasonal produce sourced from the Kitchen Garden or try the Glasshouse Cafe in the beautiful setting of the Kitchen Garden. Groups should pre-book.
- Average length of visit: 2 hours
Address: Kingsdown Road, Deal, Kent CT14 7LJ
Telephone: 01304 364288