Plan your visit
Welcome to Walmer Castle
We have introduced limits on visitor numbers to help keep everyone safe, and you won’t be able to visit without your booking confirmation. If you’re a Member, your ticket will be free, but you still need to book in advance. To book your visit, click here.
Although things might be a little different when you visit, you’ll still be able to enjoy exploring the places where history really happened. And you’ll still be given a warm and safe welcome by our friendly – if socially distant – staff and volunteers.
- Gardens - The formal gardens, meadow and woodland walk will be open for visitors to enjoy with a new free flow route in place. Due to its narrow paths, the Glen will be closed, however can be enjoyed from the viewing platform above. The castle moat and greenhouse will be closed.
- Castle – The castle interiors will remain closed.
- Café - The Glasshouse cafe will be open, offering snacks, treats and refreshments via a takeaway service. The cafe will close 15 minutes before our closing time.
- Shop – The castle shop will be open, with a one way system in place to help guide you.
- Playgrounds - The play trail will remain closed.
- Toilets - The castle's new toilet facilities will be open. Additional hand sanitising stations will be available in various locations.
- Site entrance - The normal visitor entrance is closed. An alternative visitor entrance is in use, accessed via the grass overflow car park.
Go to our Directions page and plan your journey to Walmer Castle and Gardens by car or public transport.
You will find parking information, post code for sat nav, and our address at the bottom of the page.
Find out what Facilities are available for your day out.
Here you can find out everything you need to know about parking, toilets and shopping at Walmer Castle and Gardens as well as other useful information.
Look up Access information for your visit. We have detailed information about what to expect if you have particular needs regarding:
- Mobility/Older Visitors
- Blind/Visually Impaired
- Deaf/Hard of Hearing
- Learning Difficulties
- Health and Safety.
Find out what you need to know for Group Visits.
Look up what discounts there are for groups, as well as how to book your group visit, and see information about tours that may be available.