A school visit to Wroxeter Roman City is truly a unique experience. Book a free self-led visit, or allow our experts to guide your students through the remains of what was once one of the largest towns in Roman Britain.
Wroxeter Roman City provides cross-curricular links across numerous subjects in a fun and engaging way.
- KS1-3 History: Local History Study
- KS1 History: How people’s lives have shaped this nation and how Britain has influenced and been influenced by the wider world
- KS2 History: The Roman Empire and its impact on Britain: Julius Caesar’s attempted invasion in 55 - 54 BC, the Roman Empire by AD 42 and the power of its army; successful invasion by Claudius and conquest; the 'Romanisation' of Britain and the impact of technology, culture and beliefs
- KS2-3 History: The legacy of Greek or Roman culture (art, architecture or literature) on later periods in British history, including the present day
- KS3 History: Study of an aspect or theme in British history from before 1066
Free Self-Led Visits
Book your free self-led visit to Wroxeter Roman City. You and your class can walk in the footsteps of the citizens and slaves of the infamous Roman Empire and exercise where Roman citizens would have trained over 2000 years ago. Explore our reconstructed Roman Townhouse and book our education room to make the most of our handling objects and costume collection.ENQUIRE NOW
Expert-Led Discovery Visits
Let us inspire your students with a hands-on Discovery Visit at Wroxeter Roman City, led by one of our experts. Our sessions have been developed especially to provide fun and inspiring education activities for your class, bringing the history and the curriculum to life. Sessions from £100 per group.FIND OUT MORE
Plan Your Trip
We have a wide range of materials to support your visit and make school trip planning easy. Download our free resources to help you make the most out of your visit and create unique learning experiences before, during and after your trip.
We also offer free planning visits for group leaders once you have made a booking. Our Education Booking Team is on hand to advise and help you create the best possible school trip to suit your needs and area of study.
How to book
Bookings are best made online and we will contact you within 5 days of your enquiry.
0370 333 0606
Education Opening Times
- April to September: Monday to Sunday 10.00 – 18.00
- October: Monday to Sunday 10.00 – 17.00
- November: Tuesday to Thursday, Saturday and Sunday 10.00 – 16.00
- December to February: Saturday and Sunday 10.00 – 16.00
- March: Tuesday to Thursday, Saturday and Sunday 10.00 – 16.00