A school visit to Wroxeter Roman City is truly a unique experience. Book a free self-led visit, or allow our experts to guide your students through the remains of what was once one of the largest towns in Roman Britain.
Information about your visit
Our number one priority remains the health, safety and security of all of our visitors, staff and volunteers. Our staff are still working hard to keep everyone safe and make sure you and your group have an enjoyable visit.
Important information to consider before you book:
- To keep everyone safe we’re continuing to limit visitor numbers at some sites and in some indoor spaces. Please book as soon as possible to secure your preferred trip date and times.
- Find out more about what to expect on your school visit and make sure you download our COVID risk assessments; download a free copy of managing education visits during the pandemic and if you're participating in a Discovery Visit download our managing Discovery Visits during the pandemic risk assessment
- To make the planning process as easy as possible, make sure you check our Plan Your School Trip section at the bottom of this page, for updated information on the facilities at the site as well as our free resources.
- You’ll need to book your visit at least 14 days in advance. Please check our terms and conditions for full details.
- Although is it not a requirement, any teachers, parents, or students aged 16 years can check in via the NHS Test and Trace app, using the NHS QR code posters displayed at the site entrance. Please factor this into your travel/arrival time. For more information about how we are handling your personal data for NHS Test and Trace please visit this page.
- Our staff are continuing to wear a face covering in our busy areas and indoor spaces, and we encourage you and your group to do the same where possible.
At some sites you might not be able to use our handling collections or costumes as part of a free self-led visit, but where we can provide hands-on items in a safe way we will. We’ve adapted our Discovery Visit workshops to keep you and your group safe at all times, but for certain sessions we’re still working on this – please check the Discovery Visit section and Facilities section on this page below for further information.
Wroxeter Roman City provides cross-curricular links across numerous subjects in a fun and engaging way.
- KS1-3 History: Local History Study
- KS1 History: How people’s lives have shaped this nation and how Britain has influenced and been influenced by the wider world
- KS2 History: The Roman Empire and its impact on Britain: Julius Caesar’s attempted invasion in 55 - 54 BC, the Roman Empire by AD 42 and the power of its army; successful invasion by Claudius and conquest; the 'Romanisation' of Britain and the impact of technology, culture and beliefs
- KS2-3 History: The legacy of Greek or Roman culture (art, architecture or literature) on later periods in British history, including the present day
- KS3 History: Study of an aspect or theme in British history from before 1066
Free Self-Led Visits
Book your free self-led visit to Wroxeter Roman City. You and your class can walk in the footsteps of the citizens and slaves of the infamous Roman Empire and exercise where Roman citizens would have trained over 2000 years ago.Enquire now
Expert-Led Discovery Visits
Let us inspire your students with a Discovery Visit at Wroxeter Roman City, led by one of our experts. Our sessions have been developed especially to provide fun and inspiring education activities for your class, bringing history and the curriculum to life. Sessions from £100 per group.
Our Discovery Visits have been adapted to follow health and safety guidelines and will still offer your students a quality and fun learning experience.
FIND OUT MORE about Romans at Wroxeter
Plan Your Trip
We have a wide range of materials to support your visit and make school trip planning easy. Download our free resources to help you make the most out of your visit and create unique learning experiences before, during and after your trip.
We also offer free planning visits for group leaders once you have made a booking. Our Education Booking Team is on hand to advise and help you create the best possible school trip to suit your needs and area of study.
0370 333 0606
We’re here to support your school trip planning this term. Book your visit online. All bookings must be made at least 14 days in advance. Please make sure you check our terms and conditions ahead of your visit.
If you’d like more information about a site or one of our workshops, get in touch to speak to your local Education Visits Officer.