Group visits to Aydon Castle
Almost completely intact, it is one of the finest and most unaltered examples of a 13th century English manor house. Set in a beautiful and secluded Northumberland woodland, it was originally built as an undefended residence, but was almost immediately fortified on the outbreak of Anglo-Scottish warfare. Nevertheless it was pillaged and burnt by the Scots in 1315, seized by English rebels two years later, and again occupied by Scots in 1346. The castle later became a farmhouse in the 17th century and was lived in up until 1966.
We offer a 15% discount (10% for Stonehenge) for travel trade and organised groups of 11 or more paying visitors when payment is made in a single transaction.
Per group you also receive:
- free entry for one tour leader
- free entry for one coach driver
The tour leader, coach driver and any English Heritage members do not count towards the group totals.
Please be aware of the site's opening times when making your enquiry. Some of our smaller sites close during the winter, so you may expect a longer than expected response time.
Making a booking:
Contact information for making your group booking can be found in the Visit & Contact Information section below.
Please include the property name and date of visit in the subject line of your email along with the following information:
- Group name
- Name of property
- Tour reference/booking reference (if applicable)
- Date and time of arrival
- Number of visitors
Payment can be made on arrival by: cash, credit/debit card, cheque (made payable to The English Heritage Trust), Agency Voucher Scheme (AVS).
Visit & Contact information
- Prices and opening times: Please check here. The 'without donation' price applies to groups and travel trade.
- Coach parking: Free parking for 2 coaches (no larger than 50-seater). Please call in advance.
- Catering: Site serves tea, coffee and hot chocolate. Additional facilities available in Corbridge (2 miles away).
- Gardens: Flat grassed areas located within the walls with some seating. There is plenty of space for children to run around. Ball games are permitted, but no kites please.
- Access: Wheelchair access is limited to the ground floor.
- Average length of visit: 1 hour.
Address: Off Aydon Road, Corbidge, Northumberland, NE45 5PJ
Telephone: Aydon Castle: 01434 632450