Group visits to Beeston Castle and Woodland Park
Among England’s most dramatically sited medieval castles, Beeston crowns a rocky crag high above the Cheshire plain, with views over eight counties. Its magisterial location is also a paradise for walkers and nature-lovers and an enchanting woodland path encircles the crag.
We offer a 15% discount (10% for Stonehenge) for groups of 11 or more paying visitors when payment is made in a single transaction.
Per group you also receive:
- free entry for one tour leader
- free entry for one coach driver
The tour leader, coach driver and any English Heritage members do not count towards the group totals.
Trade admission prices:
Please refer to our Trade Admission Prices & Site Opening Times brochure for pricing and opening times information at our top sites for groups.
Making a booking:
Contact information for making your group booking can be found in the Visit & Contact Information section below. Please include the property name and date of visit in the subject line of your email.
We will require the following information to check availability and book you in.
- Group name
- Name of property
- Tour reference/booking reference (if applicable)
- Date and time of arrival
- Number of visitors
Payment can be made on arrival by:
- credit/debit card,
- cheque; made payable to The English Heritage Trust.
- Agency Voucher Scheme (AVS)*
*Agency Voucher Scheme account holders can redeem their company voucher on arrival and be invoiced after their visits. Subject to eligibility, contact us to find out more.
Visit & Contact information
- Coach parking: No dedicated coach parking available at the property. Contact bookings or the property for availability.
- Catering: The Sandstone Café offers locally sourced hot and cold snacks and drinks. Outdoor seating only.
- Orientation map: Download a copy of our Beeston Castle orientation map to help with your planning.
- Average length of visit: 1.5 hours
Address: Chapel Lane, Beeston, Cheshire, CW6 9TX
Email: email@example.com (Central group bookings team)
Telephone: +44 (0)1829 260464 (General information only)
Local TIC: Please call Chester tourist information on +44 (0)1244 402111 if you would like information on other things to do in the area.
Make your group visit extra special by adding one of our guided tours.
Please allow for the indicated minimum notice below when booking a guided tour.
The Mighty Castle of the Rock
The current fortifications at Beeston were built by Ranulph, the 6th Earl of Chester in 1225. And it's easy to see why he chose this location – towering above the Cheshire Plain, with views north, south, east and west over 8 counties this really is a mighty castle, similar to the impregnable hill-top strongholds of the Middle East. However, the crag itself has seen over 4,000 years of occupation, dating back to the Bronze Age.
Stout shoes and a readiness to walk up steep slopes are required. No wheelchair access.
- Duration: 60 minutes.
- Minimum-maximum pax: 11 - 20 pax.
- Advance booking required: Yes, a minimum of 30 days notice is required
- Price: No additional charge. Pre-booking required.
Aerial fam trip
Take flight above one of the most dramatically sited medieval castles in England in this aerial familiarisation visit. On a clear day, you can see all the way from the Pennines to the Welsh mountains. With a 4,000 year history, a replica Bronze Age roundhouse, and a 40-acre woodland park, Beeston Castle makes for a perfect group excursion.