Plan Your Visit
Welcome to Chesters roman fort
We have introduced limits on visitor numbers to help keep everyone safe, and you won’t be able to visit without your booking confirmation. If you’re a Member, your ticket will be free, but you still need to book in advance. To book your visit, click the button below.
Although things might be a little different when you visit, you’ll still be able to enjoy exploring the places where history really happened. And you’ll still be given a warm and safe welcome by our friendly – if socially distant – staff and volunteers.
- Site and grounds - All outdoor spaces are open as usual.
- Museum - The museum will remain closed.
- Café - Take away food and drink will be available. Card payments preffered. Our café is taking part in the Eat Out to Help Out scheme. Find out more here.
- Shop - The shop will be open.
- Toilets - Our toilets are open as usual.
- Face coverings - Face coverings must be worn in Chester's indoor shop and café and we recommend wearing them in all other indoor spaces. We won't be able to give you a face covering, so please come prepared so you don't miss out.
Find out what Facilities are available for your day out.
Here you can find out everything you need to know about parking, toilets and shopping at Chesters Roman Fort, as well as other useful information.
Look up Access information for your visit. We have detailed information about what to expect if you have particular needs regarding:
- Mobility/Older Visitors
- Blind/Visually Impaired
- Deaf/Hard of Hearing
- Learning Difficulties
- Health and Safety
Find out what you need to know for Group Visits.
Look up what discounts there are for groups, as well as how to book your group visit, and see information about tours that may be available.