Plan your school trip to Farleigh Hungerford Castle, a fortified mansion originally home to the Hungerford family. Explore the castle ruins, the chapel and the burial vault and look around the Priest's House to learn about the history of the site and the people who lived there.
Support your teaching in a fun and engaging way, with a visit to Farleigh Hungerford Castle.
- EYFS: Understanding the world
- KS1 History: Significant historical events, people and places; study of castles
- KS1-3 History: A local history study
- KS2 History: A study of an aspect or theme in British history that extends pupils' chronological knowledge beyond 1066
- KS3 History: Development of church, state and society in Britain 1066-1509 and 1509-1750; the Civil War
- GCSE History: Study of the historic environment
Free self-led visits
Book a free visit to Farleigh Hungerford Castle and lead your own school trip in a way that suits you. Make use of our education room, museum, costumes and handling collections to help your class learn about the history of the castle. Alternatively, simply explore the site as a stimulus for art, photography or story writing.
Expert-led discovery visits
Let us help you inspire your students with our hands-on Discovery Visit run by one of our site experts. An interactive castle tour is combined with hands-on learning activities to create an immersive experience for your class, bringing the history of Farleigh Hungerford Castle to life.FIND OUT MORE
Plan your trip
We have a wide range of materials to support your visit and make school trip planning easy. Download our free resources to help you make the most out of your visit and create unique learning experiences before, during and after your trip.
We also offer free planning visits for group leaders once you have made a booking. Our Education Booking Team is on hand to advise and help you create the best possible school trip to suit your needs and area of study.
How to book
0370 333 0606
Education opening times
- April to September: Monday to Sunday 10.00 – 18.00
- October: Monday to Sunday 10.00 – 17.00
- November to March: Saturday and Sunday 10.00 – 16.00
Additional days are available for Discovery Visits during November and March. Check here for details.