Group visits to Kenwood
Bring your group face-to-face with world-famous works of art in the unforgettable setting of Kenwood in Hampstead. One of London's secret stars, the house is eye-catching both inside and out.
A self-led group visit to Kenwood is free of charge. However, we advise that self-led group visits are pre-booked using our online booking system.
For groups that want to delve deeper into the story of this magnificent house and it's world-reknowned art collection, we offer exclusive guided tours. See below for details.
Trade admission prices and opening times:
Please refer to our Trade Admission Prices & Site Opening Times brochure for pricing and opening times information at our top sites for groups.
Making a booking:
Contact information for making your group booking can be found in the Visit & Contact Information section below.
Please include the property name and date of visit in the subject line of your email along with the following information:
- Group name
- Name of property
- Tour reference/booking reference (if applicable)
- Date and time of arrival
- Number of visitors
Payment can be made on arrival by: cash, credit/debit card, Agency Voucher Scheme (AVS).
Visit & Contact information
- Free admission: A self-led group visit is free of charge. See below for details on our exclusive guided tours.
- Coach parking: None on site. Coaches should drop-off at East Lodge and then find appropriate parking on Hampstead Lane. Visitor access via East Lodge (opposite Compton Avenue) and then a short walk down a tree-lined drive to the house.
- Catering: Indoor and outdoor seating in the Brew House Cafe. Call 020 8348 4073.
- Collection: Kenwood’s collection includes fine historic interiors, sculpture, furniture and jewellery. Most famous are the house’s internationally renowned paintings, which include works by Rembrandt, Vermeer, Van Dyck, Gainsborough and Reynolds.
- Access: From the South Terrace, which has wide, level gravel paths, there are good views across the estate. Hoggin paths, which extend away from the house, may be uncomfortable to walk on and may be difficult for wheelchair visitors given dips and gradients. There are many seats along the South Terrace and Lime Avenue. Level access throughout ground floor for Painting Collection. Easy staircase with continuous handrail to upper floor for ambulant disabled visitors. Seating provided.
- Average length of visit: 3 hours
Address: Hampstead Lane, London, NW3 7JR
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (Group bookings)
Telephone: 020 8348 1286
Make your group visit extra special by adding one of our guided tours.
All Kenwood tours must be booked 30 days in advance. Please refer to our Trade Admission Prices & Site Opening Times for prices. Group discounts are not available for guided tours.
Join our knowledgeable guide on a tour of Kenwood House, overlooking Hampstead Heath. Your visitors will become acquainted with this exquisite House, designed by Robert Adams, including its fine historic interiors, sculptures, furniture and jewellery. There will also be plenty of stories to discover behind some of the house’s internationally renowned paintings, which include works by Vermeer, Van Dyck, Gainsborough, Reynolds and Rembrandt, including Rembrandt's 'Portrait with Two Circles'.
- Duration: 60 minutes.
- Capacity: maximum 25 pax.
- Summer Availability: 11am or 2pm only (1 Apr-31 Oct. Mon, Tues, Thurs, Sun).
- Winter Availability: 11am or 2pm only (1 Nov-31 Mar. Tues, Thurs, Sun).
- Price: Available here. Group discounts are not available for guided tours.
Estate tour (currently unavailable)
Join our expert guide as they introduce your group to the House and the Grounds, and discover the story of Humphrey Repton.
Group Travel Support
Further support and useful resources available to group travel organisers can be found on our dedicated Group Visits webpages.
For educational groups, please visit our School Visits webpages.
Join our mailing list for more exclusive offers, Travel Trade news and useful updates from English Heritage.