Beeston Castle with its impressive location and natural defences has been home to prehistoric settlers, great barons, it's acted as a defence against aristocratic rivals and it's even been an important English Civil War stronghold.
- KS1, 2 & 3: Local history study
- KS1: How people’s lives have shaped this nation and how Britain has influenced and been influenced by the wider world
- KS2: How several aspects of national history are reflected in the locality, and an aspect of history or a site dating from a period beyond 1066 significant in the locality
- KS3: The development of Church, state and society in Medieval Britain 1066-1509, and challenges for Britain, Europe and the wider world from 1901 to the present day
- KS4: Current GCSE frameworks and study of the historic environment
FREE SELF-LED VISITS
Can your class gather the evidence and clues to discover what life was like in and around Beeston Castle centuries ago? Take in the stunning views, explore the evidence of castle life and take your class right back to Medieval times or investigate the prehistoric landscape and look at artefacts found on site in the museum.
EXPERT-LED DISCOVERY VISTS
Let us help you inspire your students with one of our hands-on expert led Discovery Visits delivered by one of our experts and great value for up to 30 students.
- FORTRESS CASTLE (KS1-2, £100 per class): Your class will travel back in time, looking for evidence in the remains of the castle to help explore key events and form conclusions about daily life for the castle’s inhabitants. Duration: 1 1/2 hours
- PREHISTORIC SETTLERS AT BEESTON (KS2, £100 per class): Explore the site's history as an Iron Age hill fort and take part in prehistoric style crafts using traditional tools. Duration: 1 3/4 hours
facilities for learning groups
- PARKING: Car park with coach parking opposite entrance
- TOILETS: Male and female toilets available.
- EXHIBITION: Can accommodate small groups, disabled access available
- LUNCH: Picnic areas outdoors
- SHOP: Gift shop on-site, we recommend you bring your class in small groups at a time