Beeston Castle, with its impressive location and natural defences, has been home to prehistoric settlers and great Barons. It has acted as a defence against aristocratic rivals, and has even been an important English Civil War stronghold. What better place to step outside the classroom and bring your curriculum to life?
We’re expanding the learning opportunities at Beeston Castle, and this year we’re building a new roundhouse at the site, taking inspiration from archaeological evidence of Bronze Age huts found at Beeston. Once completed, the new roundhouse will host an immersive learning experience for school groups visiting Beeston Castle, providing hands-on activities in an authentic environment. Look out for updates throughout this summer.
Support your teaching in a fun and engaging way, with a visit to Beeston Castle.
- KS1 History: Significant historical events, people and places; study of castles
- KS1-3 History: Local History Study
- KS2 History: Stone Age to Iron Age Britain; study of an aspect or theme in British history that extends pupils’ chronological knowledge beyond 1066
- KS2-3 Geography: Understand the strategic significance of the castle’s position
- KS3 History: Development of Church, state and society in Britain 1066-1509 and 1509-1750
- GCSE History: Study of the historic environment
Free Self-Led Visits
Climb the hill, explore the ruins and take in the incredible far-reaching views of eight counties with a free self-led visit to Beeston Castle. The perfect school trip to support a local history, geography, art or photography project.ENQUIRE NOW
Expert-led Discovery Visits
Let us inspire your students with one of our hands-on Discovery Visits delivered by one of our site staff and great value for up to 30 students.
Take your class back in time to investigate life in the medieval fortress castle or explore the site's history as an Iron Age hill fort and take part in prehistoric style crafts.Find out more
Plan Your Trip
We have a wide range of materials to support your visit and make school trip planning easy. Download our free resources to help you make the most out of your visit and create unique learning experiences before, during and after your trip.
We also offer free planning visits for group leaders once you have made a booking. Our Education Booking Team is on hand to advise and help you create the best possible school trip to suit your needs and area of study.
How To Book
0370 333 0606
Education opening times
- January: Saturday and Sunday 10.00 – 16.00
- February: Thursday and Friday 10.00 – 16.00
- March: Wednesday to Sunday 10.00 – 16.00
- April to September: Monday to Sunday 10.00 – 18.00
- October: Monday to Sunday 10.00 – 17.00
- November and December: Thursday to Sunday 10.00 – 16.00