Explore the incredible fortified manor house with a great hall that's remained unchanged for 700 years and discover the fascinating story of the Shropshire wool merchant who became one of the richest men in England. Whatever your topic or key stage, a visit to Stokesay Castle can help bring history to life for your class.
- KS1-2 History: Local history study
- KS1 History: Significant historical events, people and places in their own locality
- KS2 History: Study of a site dating from a period beyond 1066 that is significant in the locality
- KS3 History: Development of church, state and society in Britain 1066-1509 and 1509-1750; causes and events of the civil wars throughout Britain
- KS4 History: GCSE: Study of the historic environment, suitable for AQA or OCR History B
Free Self-Led Visits
Whether studying local history or looking for inspiration for art or storywriting, lead your class on a free school visit to Stokesay Castle to spark their imagination and make learning memorable. Explore the Great Hall, North Tower, South Tower, Solar and Gatehouse, and learn about the castle's most famous resident, Laurence of Ludlow, as you immerse your students in over 700 years of history.
Download the Teachers' Kit below to support your teaching and learning before, during and after a visit.Enquire now
PLAN YOUR TRIP
We have a wide range of materials to support your visit and make school trip planning easy. Download our free resources to help you make the most out of your visit and create unique learning experiences before, during and after your trip.
We also offer free planning visits for group leaders once you have made a booking. Our Education Booking Team is on hand to advise and help you create the best possible school trip to suit your needs and area of study.