Wrest Park boasts vast beautiful grounds, formal gardens and rooms within the Georgian mansion to explore, as well as a dedicated education room and outdoor space. Wrest Park's magnificent surrounding and rich history provides a great day out for schools, covering multiple topics and curriculum links.
- KS2: The Roman Empire and its impact on Britain. A study of an aspect or theme in British history that extends pupils' chronological knowledge beyond 1066.
- KS3: Challenges for Britain, Europe and the wider world 1901 to present. Explore Wrest Park's important role as a wartime hospital.
- KS1-2 Science: Identify and describe the functions of different parts of flowering plants.
- KS2 English: Develop positive attitudes towards and stamina for writing.
- KS3 Geographical Skills and Fieldwork: With vast grounds to explore, students can use compass directions and locational language.
- KS1-4 Art & Design: Produce creative work, exploring ideas and recording experiences.
Free self-led visits
Wrest Park lends itself to exploration. Your class can explore over 90 acres of landscape design showcasing French, Dutch, Italian and English styles side by side. Find out more about the garden and the people who shaped it, in our exhibition in the house. Make use of our education room to complete work relating to your visit and use as a lunch space.Find out more
Expert-Led Discovery Visits
We aren’t running Discovery Visits at this site at the moment – we’re unable to adapt our sessions in a way that would still provide a quality, immersive education experience.
Plan Your Visit
We have a wide range of materials to support your visit and make school trip planning easy. Download our free resources to help you make the most out of your visit and create unique learning experiences before, during and after your trip.
We also offer free planning visits for group leaders once you have made a booking. Our Education Booking Team is on hand to advise and help you create the best possible school trip to suit your needs and area of study.
School visits from September 2020
Education bookings for learners of all ages and abilities are now open and you’ll be able to make provisional bookings for visits from September 2020 to March 2021. Please be aware that it may take us a little longer than usual to come back to you as we continue to review and update our offer.
In the meantime if you have a query related to an existing booking or would like more information please email email@example.com
We look forward to seeing you again soon.