Wrest Park boasts vast beautiful grounds, formal gardens and rooms within the Georgian mansion to explore, as well as a dedicated education room and outdoor space. Wrest Park's magnificent surrounding and rich history provides a great day out for schools, covering multiple topics and curriculum links.
- KS2: The Roman Empire and its impact on Britain. A study of an aspect or theme in British history that extends pupils' chronological knowledge beyond 1066.
- KS3: Challenges for Britain, Europe and the wider world 1901 to present. Explore Wrest Park's important role as a wartime hospital.
- KS1-2 Science: Identify and describe the functions of different parts of flowering plants.
- KS2 English: Develop positive attitudes towards and stamina for writing.
- KS3 Geographical Skills and Fieldwork: With vast grounds to explore, students can use compass directions and locational language.
- KS1-4 Art & Design: Produce creative work, exploring ideas and recording experiences.
Free school visits
Wrest Park lends itself to exploration. Your class can explore over 90 acres of landscape design showcasing French, Dutch, Italian and English styles side by side. Find out more about the garden and the people who shaped it, in our exhibition in the house. Make use of our education room to complete work relating to your visit and use as a lunch space.Enquire now
Expert-Led Discovery Visits
At just £100 per session (approximately 30 pupils), our expert-led Discovery Visit combines inspiring experiences with quality learning.
- Romans Life and Culture (KS2): Your class will handle real and replica Roman artefacts within our Archaeological Collections Store and become 'history hunters' in the aisles of the Wroxeter Roman City collection, which displays amazing remains from the fourth largest Roman city in Britain. Students will examine some fine examples of our genuine Roman coins and have a go at making their own from clay to take away. An interactive and lively session which aims to answer the question; What impact did the Romans have on Britain? Duration: 1 hour 45 minutes
Available on Thursdays, other weekdays subject to availability.Book Now
Plan Your Visit
We have a range of materials to help support your visit and make school trip planning easy. Download our free Hazard Information Sheets and Risk Assessments to help you make the most out of your visit and create unique learning experiences before, during and after your trip.
We also offer free planning visits for group leaders once you have made a booking. Our Education Booking Team are on hand to advise and help you create the best possible school trip to suit your needs and area of study.