Come and discover the semi-subterranean bunker which acted as a nerve centre during the Cold War to monitor nuclear fallout in Yorkshire from 1961 until 1991 in the event of a nuclear attack.
Visit and gain curriculum-insight across various key stages:
- KS2-4: Local History Project
- KS3: Challenges for Britain, Europe and the wider world 1901 to present day
- GCSE/A/AS Level/Degree: The Cold War, Communist Russia, World Superpowers
Expert Led School Visits
Immerse yourself in our fascinating hands-on expert led Discovery visit:
HOT WAR COLD WAR (KS2-KS4, A Level, Universities): Why did the Cold War emerge? What was the role of the Royal Observation Corps in York's bunker? Through an expert-led tour, object handling and original audio-visual footage, students will develop a greater understanding of life inside and outside the bunker during this potentially devastating era.
Duration: 1 1/2 Hours Cost: £100 for up to 35 people
ENQUIRE NOW - Call 0370 333 0606.
Plan Your Trip
How to book
0370 333 0606
- November to March - Sundays, 10am to 4pm: general public opening. Weekdays and Saturdays: booked school groups only.
- 30th March 2015 Onwards - Please check back nearer the time
Join our mailing list - Subscribe to our education newsletter and get notified of our educational news and events.