The world-famous Stonehenge has inspired people for millennia. Bring your school group and discover a fantastic range of cross-curricular options designed for every key stage.
"I found Stonehenge was a very enjoyable day. It made me think about Stonehenge even more".
Jack, Year 5 Student, Queen's Crescent Primary School
Support and your teaching in a fun and engaging way, with a visit to Stonehenge.
- KS1: Significant historical events, people/ places in their own locality
- KS1: Music, Geography
- KS2: Changes in Britain from the Stone Age to the Iron Age
- KS2: Music, Design & Technology, Geography, English
- KS3: An aspect or site in local history dating from a period before 1066
- KS3: English, Design & Technology
- KS4: OCR Specification B 2c. Introduction to history around us
- KS4-5: Business and Enterprise, Heritage Management, History
Free Self-Led Visits
Studying late Neolithic hunter gatherers and Bronze Age religion? We challenge you to find a better site to help you cover the topic than the world famous monument that is Stonehenge! It’s a unique opportunity, whatever your area of study, for your class to explore the most outstanding prehistoric monument in the British Isles. Enjoy a free self-led visit and explore the site your way.
Download the Teachers' Kit below for information and activities to help you discover the story of Stonehenge, or use our many other resources available online:Enquire Now
Expert-led school visits
Let us help you inspire your students with our hands-on expert Discovery Visits, led by one of our experts and great value for up to 30 students.
- STONES AND BONES: STONEHENGE IN ITS LANDSCAPE (KS1-3)
- NEOLITHIC LIFE AT STONEHENGE (KS2-3)
- MYTHS AND LEGENDS WITH LEGO® STORYSTARTER (KS2)
- THE BUSINESS OF HERITAGE AND TOURISM (KS4-5)
Plan your trip
We have a wide range of materials to help support your visit and make school trip planning easy. Our Teachers’ Kits include activity ideas and practical tools such as Hazard Information Sheets and Risk Assessments to help you make the most out of your visit and create unique learning experiences before, during and after your trip. Use the contents page and icon key in the Teachers’ Kit to access and download the most useful and relevant information for your class to suit your groups age range and key stage.
We also offer free planning visits for group leaders once you have made a booking. Our Education Booking Team are on hand to advise and help you create the best possible school trip to suit your needs and area of study.