Overlooking the modern London skyline, the beautifully renovated interiors of Kenwood and stunning surrounding landscape gives school groups plenty to see and experience for a historical or art and design based visit.
Explore the unexpected yet fascinating story of previous owner of Kenwood-Lord Mansfield and his role in the abolition of the transatlantic slave trade with our expert-led Discovery Visit for KS3 school groups.
Kenwood and the outstanding landscape of Hampstead Heath provide a wide range of curriculum opportunities:
- KS1-3: A local history study
- KS1: Significant historical events, people and places in your own locality. The lives of significant individuals in the past who have contributed to national and international achievements
- KS2: a study of an aspect or theme in British history that extends pupils' chronological knowledge beyond 1066
- KS3: The development of Church, state and society in Britain 1509-1745.
- KS3: Ideas, political power, industry and Empire: Britain 1745-1901
- Plus KS1-2 Language & Literacy, KS1-4 Art & Design, KS2-3 Design & Technology, KS2 Geography (skills and fieldwork), KS1-2 Science and KS3 Citizenship
Free Self-led Visits
A neoclassical jewel on an 18th century gentleman's estate, Kenwood is a unique feature in the modern London landscape. Highlights include the renowned Robert Adam interiors housing the exquisite artwork from the Old Masters, and the stunning landscape of Hampstead Heath featuring intriguing sculptures and architecture to explore. From life in Georgian England, to Britain's role in the creation and abolition of the transatlantic slave trade, Kenwood boasts a variety of learning opportunities for school groups.Find out more
Expert-led Discovery Visits
Inspire and engage your students on an expert-led Discovery Visit. Our sessions have been specifically designed to meet the needs of different groups across the key stages and bring the history of Kenwood to life.FIND OUT MORE
Plan Your Trip
We have a wide range of materials to support your visit and make school trip planning easy. Download our free resources to help you make the most out of your visit and create unique learning experiences before, during and after your trip.
We also offer free planning visits for group leaders once you have made a booking. Our Education Booking Team is on hand to advise and help you create the best possible school trip to suit your needs and area of study.
Find out more
School visits from September 2020
Education bookings for learners of all ages and abilities will be open from 31 August, and you’ll be able to book for visits from September 2020 to March 2021. If you already have a booking with us in that time, we’ll be in touch over the next few weeks.
In the meantime if you have a query related to an existing booking or would like more information please email email@example.com
We look forward to seeing you again soon.