A Medieval palace and a masterpiece of 20th century design: Eltham Palace is a unique site which encapsulates centuries of British political and social history.
The new education offer at Eltham Palace provides a wide range of curriculum opportunities, including:
- KS3: The development of Church, state and society in Britain 1509-1745
- KS3: Challenges for Britain, Europe and the wider world 1901 to the present day
- KS1-3: A local history study
- KS1: Significant historical events, people and places in your own locality
- KS1: the lives of significant individuals in the past who have contributed to national and international achievements
- KS2: a study of an aspect or theme in British history that extends pupils' chronological knowledge beyond 1066
- KS1-3 Art & Design
- Plus KS1-2 Language & Literacy, KS2-3 Design & Technology, KS2 Geography, KS1-2 Science
Free self-led visits
Where medieval grandeur sits alongside 1930s opulence and cutting edge design, Eltham Palace boasts a fascinating experience for school groups, with stunning architecture and interior designs to enjoy. Explore Henry VIII's childhood home in the medieval Great Hall and learn about the exciting changes and developments of the inter-war years in the Courtauld's family home. Highlights include the entrance hall, Virgina Courtauld's luxurious and modern private bathroom and the newly restored map room.
With 19 acres of beautifully landscaped gardens, featuring medieval and 20th century elements, Eltham Palace provides a unique variety of learning opportunities.BOOK NOW
PLAN YOUR VISIT
How to book
0370 333 0606
Education Opening Times
December to February - Closed for education visits.
March - Education Winter Opening on Mondays and Fridays.
April to September - Open for schools, please contact the Education Booking Team on 0370 333 0606 for details.
November - Education Winter Opening times, please check back nearer the time.
Join our mailing list - Subscribe to our education newsletter and get notified of our educational news and events.